Feelin' Shirty














After starting at a new Internship last week I quickly learnt that I needed to update my wardrobe. I realised that I was seriously lacking tops that weren't completely inappropriate, apart from on a night out, or tops that weren't classified as oversized slouchy t-shirts, which I do seriously live in most of the time. I found this gorgeous embellished shirt from Zara last week and fell in love. I have always thought shirts were unflattering and reminded me too much of a school uniform, especially after being forced to wear them for over 15 years.... The pearl detail on the back of the shirt and delicate pearl buttons transform it from being just a boring, plain light blue shirt. I've styled it by tucking it into a pair of skinny high waisted black jeans with a H&M chunky silver belt (do I actually wear anything else...) I also think that this style of top is very versatile, I've changed the look from a simple and easy every-day work outfit to a classic and sophisticated evening look (in my opinion of course) by throwing it together with a white, faux crocodile skin style clutch bag, a couple of dainty silver chokers along with a pair of black sock boots. 



Clutch Bag: Accessorize (Similar Here)

Em xoxo 

P.S - I shot these pictures during storm Doris, that is dedication to the blog right there. You should have seen some of the outtakes.. 

No comments